Clipper China Director of Production
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Clipper China, a new joint venture providing sail training, racing events and promotion of the sailing industry across China. Clipper China is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Director of Production. The successful candidate will play an instrumental part in the future development of the Clipper China fleets at a pivotal and exciting time in its establishment.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with Clipper China’s boat factory to develop production, logistics, personnel and supply plans.
-Work with the boat factory to develop efficient stock keeping processes and systems and ensure an effective staff training plan is in place.
- Ensure a proper tooling and production environment is put in place.
- Continuously seek to improve the efficiency of the production and supply process to increase production with no deterioration in quality.
- In conjunction with the factory, set up a robust quality control system and ensure proper recording of materials input and production control.
- Report to Clipper China Head Quarters on a regular basis – production schedule, quality reporting.- ensure all proper paperwork and permits are in place for boats, such as China Classification Society.
- Work with naval architects and structural engineers to ensure absolute clarity and understanding of their drawings in the factory. ensure factory drawings are consistent with naval and structural architecture.
- Put a pre-delivery quality sign off in place which is fully supported by the factory and along with an appropriate health and safety management.
Quality of production and adherence to productions schedule.
The successful applicant will:
Have significant experience of composite manufacturing in China.
Be fluent in written and spoken English; Mandarin speaking is a large advantage.
Have existing project management experience.
Be able to work to tight deadlines and across multiple cultures.
Have the confidence and experience to work independently and be geographically separated from their manager.
Please send applications to Jeremy Knight on email@example.com