Application deadline: Friday 27 May 2017.
Rare opportunity for a sports and adventure loving Digital Media Officer to join the busy Clipper Round the World Yacht Race HQ. Without equal; this unique challenge is a powerful blend of fiercely intense competition and stirring human endeavour. Only the extraordinary need apply here.
We’re looking for
candidates with a minimum of two years experience within a relevant media
organisation or department. Knowledge of the full range of communications tools
and latest media trends are essential, as is the ability to build, manage and
maintain social media followings in a strategic manner. Competency with website content management,
and photo and video editing systems is also required.
Must have experience of planning digital campaigns, managing websites and have an eye for selecting the visual assets which will help bring our incredible human stories, and the realities of this unique human endurance challenge to life throughout every mile of its exciting global adventure.
Sailing experience is not required; though on the water training may be provided to understand the realities of our event, however a thirst for life and action, and the ability to learn the job quickly is crucial. This role is Gosport, UK, based but may require occasional international travel and out of hours work.
The Digital Media Officer will report to the Head of Global Communications. Duties include but are not limited to the following key roles and responsibilities:
Communications and Brand Support
- -Have full awareness of the on-board media equipment (stills and video cameras, editing/transmission software and CCTV systems TBC)
- -Monitor and file content sent back from on board Media Crew and in port media team
- Select and distribute best content for Partnerships, Communications, Recruitment, Brand, Documentary, and Crew use
- -Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (text, images, crew diaries and video) that support and engages our audiences in a meaningful way
- -Contribute to the development and delivery of digital media strategies, particularly social media in line with the Clipper Race’s Brand Guidelines and global audience targeting
- -Create, monitor, and respond to Clipper Race social media feeds, Groups and Pages on Facebook, as well as Twitter and Instagram as required by Communications Team
- -Keep up to date with latest trends and innovations in digital media and make recommendations for enhancing the race’s social media presence
- -Basic video and image editing for social and partner use
- -Assist Communications Team in supporting and training on board Media Crew before and throughout the race
- -Manage and upload content for online Media Portal.
- -Liaise with internal Clipper Race departments to keep website and Crew Hub up to date and efficient
- -Project Management point of contact for our external web design agency
- -Work with Partnerships Managers to ensure correct brand placement and presence
- -Provide regular internal updates on website and online data and insights
- -Work with Head of Brand to support on creative and targeting for digital media and Google advertising campaigns
- -Plan, book and evaluate digital campaigns
- -Manage Direct Mail Distribution system and liaise on solutions for Communications, Brand and -Recruitment team
- Select and share best photography and video assets for campaigns, adverts and publications
- -Adhere to all internal order and approval procedures, seeking authority and approvals as appropriate
- -To support any activity outside these key roles and responsibilities to help maintain the efficient running of the company and to meet its obligations to stakeholders, including but not limited to: crew, sponsors, partners, suppliers and internal departments
- -To behave in a professional manner at all times, including appearance, branded clothing as appropriate and general conduct. To do nothing, on or off-duty, to bring the company or the Clipper Race into ill repute
- -Must have sufficient visas to be able to work in the UK, and be able to live within commutable distance of the Clipper Race’s Gosport HQ, Hampshire
Skills and Personal Qualities
- -Experience of image and video editing software
- -Familiar with Content Management Systems
- -Basic understanding of HTML
- -Strong work ethic and stamina
- -Excellent enthusiasm level and interpersonal skills
- -Ability to collaborate with internal departments to achieve top results
- -Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- -Ability to manage different projects at the same time
- -Ability to work under pressure and be flexible on working out of hours and weekends
- -Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- -Good presentation skills
Apply via Global Sports Jobs at before Friday 26th May, 2017.
Must be available for interview between 29 May and 9 June.