Assist the Operations & Logistics Manager and members of the Race Office Team in the UK and on overseas stopovers in the preparation for and during the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Operations & Logistics Coordinator will report directly to the Deputy Race Director and the role will include, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Assist with all pre-Race preparations for the Race Office.
- Assist with clothing stock management and distribution in build up to the Clipper Race.
- Participate in watch system providing cover 24/7 to the yachts whilst racing.
- General assistance to all departments.
during race stopovers:
with set- up of all in-port branding.
Assist with set-up and preparation for corporate and sponsor sailing.
- General driving duties.
- Race administration - immigration / customs / incident reporting / victualing.
- General assistance in stopovers (gas bottle runs / berthing requirements / delivering spares / transporting sails, etc.)
- Downloading media content from each yacht in stopovers.
- May be required to support other divisions and functions of Clipper Ventures Plc not specifically stipulated within this description.
Experience, Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Able to work well under direction
- Good written and communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office software
- Punctual and committed
- Willing and able to travel extensively within the UK and overseas
- Driving license essential
- RYA Power Boat Level 2 qualification desirable
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Qualities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn about sailing
- Enthusiastic, energetic and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Resourceful and resilient
- Team player
- Reliable and flexible
- Results driven
- Friendly and approachable
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via Global Sports Jobs.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2017.
You must be available to attend an interview at our Gosport headquarters on 7 or 8 November 2017.
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to start on or before the 9th December 2017.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of appointment:
The appointment will be made under Clipper Ventures plc’s standard Terms and Conditions.
3 month trial and appraisal
1 months notice period
25 days paid annual leave per calendar year in addition to UK public holidays.
A standard package of benefits will apply.
You will be reimbursed for any travelling expenses (other than travel to and from work),
Accommodation or other expenses incurred in the course of carrying out your role provided that these expenses are incurred in accordance with the terms of Clipper Venture’s expense policy.
Clipper Ventures Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Eligibility to work in the UK:
In applying for this position, you confirm your eligibility to work in the UK. Please note that legislation dictates that all non-EU nationals are required to be in possession of a valid work permit before they take up employment in the UK.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are successful with your application we will ask you to provide appropriate documents, such as your passport, visa, work permit or birth certificate in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
Acceptance of application:
Apart from spent convictions, as defined under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, we are unable to accept your application if you have been convicted of a criminal offence, or if there are any outstanding criminal charges against you.
In applying for this position, you confirm that you do not have any such convictions or outstanding charges. If you are successful with your application we will ask you to sign confirmation to this effect.
Thank you for your interest and taking the time to apply for this role.