This internship is aimed at individuals who want to gain relevant and practical experience in the sports industry. The skills sets that you will primarily work across and develop are:
- Event management
- Marketing and communications
- Account management
- Relationship management
- Rights holder contract delivery
THE INTERNS ROLE
- Supporting the Partnerships Team on day to day administrative activity
- Report writing: Writing and sending comprehensive and informative newsletters/ reports after each race stopover highlighting business activation during the stopover and detailing forthcoming announcements etc to all key contacts through an in house HTML marketing system
- Coordinating events: researching venues, sourcing quotes, table plans etc
- Managing guest lists for events: maintaining accurate and up to date guest lists, being the key contact for sending invitations, chasing RSVP's etc (this is especially important when in stopovers)
- Assisting in the running of events and activations, event’s range from sailing days, business networking events and diplomatic dinners to PR and media stunts.
- Assisting race partners with day to day tasks as required such as finding venues/hotels/services in the various stopovers
- To update and maintain an accurate partnership contact database
- Location: the role will be based at Clipper Race HQ in Gosport, Hampshire
- Duration: the role is available for the duration of the Clipper 2017-18 Race [July 2017 - July 2018]
- Hours: whilst based at Clipper Race HQ, you will be required to work Monday to Friday 0900 - 1700
- Travel: a proportion of this role will involve international travel [attendance at some Clipper Race stopovers such as Cape Town, Sydney, Sanya, Qingdao, Seattle etc], whilst in port working hours will be flexible to cover the need of the event. When in port your travel and accommodation will be paid for by the Clipper Race and you will receive a daily subsistence.
- Package: the internship will initially pay a salary of £500pcm, with commitment to a pay review after 3 months. You will also receive a company phone and laptop
- Enrolled on or recently graduated from a degree in a related discipline Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team working and personal impact Planning and implementation Adapting to change and uncertainty Communication Attention to detail Highly organised with an ability to multitask
- Valid driving licence is an advantage Valid unrestricted passport An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities in employment and sport
- An understanding of individual responsibility in complying with the Health and Safety policies and arrangements.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter stating why you would be interested in this role to Partnerships@Clipper-ventures.com, with a subject line of INTERNSHIP.